Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Le Musings of Moi

Apparently I like that phrase as I believe that I used a similar one on a previous blog title. Anyway... I have felt all the feels lately. The highs and lows. The bland in between. Even though nothing catastrophic has occurred lately, there has been some upheaval. An upheaval of our daily routine, circle of friends, free time... some of these things are very good. However, when I look over even the past year... wow, I am so very thankful for all of the CHANGE. 

We get so nervous about change. I recently had a significant change at work. A couple of coworkers that I had become close to... close to their spouses and families... rather abruptly moved away. At first I was surprised, devastated, sad, worried... like I said, all the feels. The gradual result of this event has been a growth within me that was not really awakened until this change. I am beginning to hold things a little more loosely than I was. I am beginning to not take things quite so personally. I am beginning to see potential within myself that I dared not consider previously. 

And what has brought much of this about? Yep. Change. 

So the initial change may have been worrisome, but the resulting CHANGES are of much greater worth. With each step towards growth, I am becoming more confident. I am opening my heart more to help others. I am giving others the benefit of the doubt. 

The Bible certainly speak to this point. What was it James said in chapter 1? 

"Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (NLT) 

Is that easy? Not for me. Was my initial thought when my friends left joy? Nope. What about the thought of the additional workload and responsibilities that would be required of me? Trepidation. 

You may be sitting there thinking I am a whiny adolescent with this topic, but I can assure you that the feelings have not felt as such. My faith was tested. I considered if I was where God wanted me. If I was doing what He asked of me. If I was needed. Once I stood and chose (because there is always a choice in the matter) to learn and to grow out of this situation, my perspective ever so slowly began to shift. The pain-points became initiators of grow. 

I do not claim to be perfect and complete in this matter. Far from it. But my eyes have been opened to some truths that I have not considered in a long time, if ever. Places in my heart that I did not realize have been shut down for many years, are beginning to cautiously open. 

The trials. The change. It can feel like the end some times... yet it really can be the beginning. The birth of something inside of you that you didn't even know existed. 

Thank you for letting me share some of my growth with you. I am blogging again. Something that has been shut off for some time. Is beginning to open. 

Because of change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment